Metate Room Review
The park's rugged terrain contrasts with this relaxing space just off the lobby of the Far View Lodge. The well-regarded dining room is candlelighted, but the atmosphere remains casual. A wall of windows affords wonderful Mesa Verde vistas. The menu is based on regional heritage foods, including corn, beans, and squash (all staples for the Ancestral Puebloans). Many entrées are unique, such as cinnamon-chile pork tenderloin or regional quail with prickly-pear red-pepper jam. Every table gets mesa bread and black bean hummus for starters. There's an array of local wines (try Cortez's own Guy Drew) and cocktails with kitschy names, like the "Long House Lemonade." Gluten-free and vegan options are available.
- Address: Far View Lodge, across from Far View Visitor Center, 15 miles southwest of park entrance, Mesa Verde National Park, CO, 81330
- Phone: 970/529–4421
- Website: www.visitmesaverde.com/dining/metate-room.aspx
- Location: Mesa Verde National Park
- Reservations not accepted
- Credit cards accepted.
- Closed late Oct.–late Apr. No lunch.