Ranger-Led Tours Review
The cliff dwellings known as Balcony House, Cliff Palace, and Long House can be explored only on ranger-led tours; the first two last about an hour, the third is 90 minutes. Buy tickets at the Visitor and Research Center. These are active tours and may not be suitable for children; each requires climbing ladders without handrails and squeezing through tight spaces. Be sure to bring water and sunscreen.
- Phone: 970/529–4465
- Cost: $3
- Hours: Cliff Palace: early Apr.–early Nov. Balcony House: late Apr.–early Oct. Long House: Memorial Day–Labor Day. See website for dates and times.
- Website: www.nps.gov/meve/planyourvisit/visitcliffdwelling.htm
- Location: Mesa Verde National Park
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Hello! Read more
Day 1 - 28th Oct.(15 miles) Our weather reports had told us that overnight and morning would be the worst storms in the UK for 25 yrs. Got to be true as they had been forecasting it for days and days before. Read more
I would like advice on my upcoming trip to Colorado, which will be my first time. Read more
· News & Features
From blazing sunsets to gigantic caverns full of bats, here's where to find the magic of the Southwest...... Read more