Chapin Mesa Archeological Museum
Chapin Mesa Archeological Museum Review
This is an excellent first stop for an introduction to Ancestral Puebloan culture, as well as the area's development into a national park. Exhibits showcase original textiles and other artifacts, and a theater plays an informative film every 30 minutes. Rangers are available to answer your questions, and there's also a sign-in sheet for hiking trails. The museum sits at the south end of the park entrance road and overlooks Spruce Tree House. Nearby, you'll find park headquarters, a gift shop, a post office, snack bar, and bathrooms.
- Address: Park entrance road, 5 miles south of Far View Visitor Center, 20 miles from park entrance, Mesa Verde National Park, CO 81330
- Phone: 970/529–4465
- Cost: Free
- Hours: Jan.–early Mar., daily 9–4:30; early Mar.–early Apr., daily 9-5; early Apr.–mid-Oct., daily 8–6:30; mid-Oct.–early Nov., daily 8–5; and early Nov.–late Dec., daily 9–5.
- Website: www.nps.gov/meve/planyourvisit/museum.htm
- Location: Mesa Verde National Park
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Hello! Read more
Day 1 - 28th Oct.(15 miles) Our weather reports had told us that overnight and morning would be the worst storms in the UK for 25 yrs. Got to be true as they had been forecasting it for days and days before. Read more
· News & Features
From blazing sunsets to gigantic caverns full of bats, here's where to find the magic of the Southwest... ... Read more