At a Glance
- beautiful setting among mature cottonwoods
- historic lodge buildings
- terrific restaurant with indoor and outdoor seating
- much pricier than other area accommodations
- limited capacity (the ranch rents only those rooms that aren't reserved for guest ranch visitors)
Zapata Ranch Review
The Zapata Ranch is part of a 103,000-acre working cattle and bison ranch owned by the Nature Conservancy. Its guest operations are focused mainly on all-inclusive, week-long stays, during which guests learn about bison, land conservation and renewable ranching practices, and participate in ranch activities (including branding cattle and mending fences), but it also offers rooms for as little as a three-night minimum. Rates include all meals and use of the ranch's hot tub and hiking trails.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $103.00 & up : 3-star hotels in Alamosa Hotwire
- Holiday Inn Express Suites Alamosa in May: $182 & Up Expedia
- Alamosa Savings! Book at Comfort Inn Alamosa Fr $149+/Nt — $149 Expedia
We took a trip West. Read more
Haven't posted here in awhile, but felt the need to repay the research I found on Fodor's for this trip!
I was searching for a spring break skiing destination for me & my 11 y.o. - needed sufficie Read more
Hello fellow travelers!
We are two women from Denmark, 33 and 36 years old, who are planning a trip to the US, but we could use a bit of help with some of the details.
A bit about us, and our travel preferences: Read more
· News & Features
A New York City judge has ruled against the use of apartments for "transient tenants," which includes... Read more
Memorial Day is the unofficial start of what we like to call "weekend getaway season."... Read more
Wineries have a very obvious main draw.... Read more