Rio Grande Scenic Railroad
Rio Grande Scenic Railroad Review
This railroad carries passengers on excursions between Alamosa and La Veta or Monte Vista; also offered is a side trip from La Veta, via motorcoach, to the Great Sand Dunes. Or you can catch a Rio Grande train to Antonito, where you'll connect with the Combres & Toltec train on its way to Osier or Chama. The Rio Grande also offers a round-trip "North Pole Express" train from Alamosa to La Veta several times in late November and December.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $77.00 & up : 3-star hotels in Alamosa Hotwire
- Alamosa Savings! Book at Comfort Inn Alamosa Fr $149+/Nt Expedia
- $50.00 & up : Midsize rentals in Alamosa Hotwire
- $53.00 & up : Full Size rentals in Alamosa — $53 Hotwire
We took a trip West. Read more
Haven't posted here in awhile, but felt the need to repay the research I found on Fodor's for this trip!
I was searching for a spring break skiing destination for me & my 11 y.o. - needed sufficie Read more
My husband and I are planning a cross country trip (starting @Pennsylvania) to see Major League and Minor League baseball games and also site seeing. Read more
· News & Features
We're sure your friends' Instagram photos of their puppies are super cute, but Brad Tully's animal snaps... Read more
From major airline uniform upgrades to tips from the jet set on doing Paris right, this was a very chic... Read more
The curious and daring among you will discover the vibrant, gilded landscape of Istanbul, the city tha... Read more