Fishing in Great Sand Dunes National Park
Fly fishermen can angle for Rio Grande cutthroat trout in the upper reaches of Medano Creek, which is accessible by four-wheel-drive vehicle. It's catch and release only, and a Colorado license is required (800/244-5613). There's also fishing in Upper and Lower Sand Creek Lakes, but it's a very long hike (3 or 4 mi from the Music Pass Trailhead, located on the far side of the park in the San Isabel National Forest).
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's