- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Denver International Airport (DEN) is 15 mi northeast of downtown, but it usually takes about a half-hour to 45 minutes to travel between them, depending on time of day. It's served by most major domestic carriers and many international ones. Arrive at the airport with plenty of time before your flight, preferably two hours; the airport's check-in and security-check lines are particularly long.
Between the airport and downtown, Super Shuttle makes door-to-door trips. The region's public bus service, Regional Transportation District (RTD), runs SkyRide to and from the airport; the trip takes 50 minutes, and the fare is $8-$12 each way. There's a transportation center in the airport just outside baggage claim. A taxi ride to downtown costs $55-$60.
Denver International Airport (DEN) (800/247-2336. www.flydenver.com.)
Regional Transportation District/SkyRide (303/299-6000 for route and schedule information. www.rtd-denver.com.)
Super Shuttle (303/370-1300. www.supershuttle.com.)
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $140* & up -- Nationwide Flights on American, R/T American Airlines
- $135-$254 -- 4-Star Hotel Monaco Denver, Save 67% Expedia
- $49 -- 3-Star Denver Tech Center Hotel Hotwire.com
- $8.70 & up -- Car Rentals across Colorado CarRentals.com