- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Denver International Airport (DEN) is 15 mi northeast of downtown, but it usually takes about a half-hour to 45 minutes to travel between them, depending on time of day. It's served by most major domestic carriers and many international ones. Arrive at the airport with plenty of time before your flight, preferably two hours; the airport's check-in and security-check lines are particularly long.
Between the airport and downtown, Super Shuttle makes door-to-door trips. The region's public bus service, Regional Transportation District (RTD), runs SkyRide to and from the airport; the trip takes 50 minutes, and the fare is $8-$12 each way. There's a transportation center in the airport just outside baggage claim. A taxi ride to downtown costs $55-$60.
Denver International Airport (DEN) (800/247–2336. www.flydenver.com.)
Regional Transportation District/SkyRide (303/299-6000 for route and schedule information. www.rtd-denver.com.)
Super Shuttle (303/370-1300. www.supershuttle.com.)
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe