- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Platte River Greenway
Platte River Greenway Review
Just behind the REI flagship store, this serene park is at the center of the South Platte River valley path. Its rocks and rapids are especially attractive in summer for kayakers, bicyclists, and hikers. Sidewalks extend down the South Platte to the east toward the suburbs and west toward Sports Authority Field at Mile High. A pathway in yet another direction leads to LoDo. From the park it's about a 20-minute walk to the 16th Street Mall and Coors Field, which makes it a healthy way to sightsee when the weather is good.
Confluence Kayaks. You can rent a kayak from Confluence Kayaks and take a quick lesson before paddling yourself down the Platte River. 2373 15th St., 80202. 303/433–3676 or 877/298–1292. www.confluencekayaks.com.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Hello! Read more
Day 1 - 28th Oct.(15 miles) Our weather reports had told us that overnight and morning would be the worst storms in the UK for 25 yrs. Got to be true as they had been forecasting it for days and days before. Read more
· News & Features
This winter, travelers can uncover a gold mine of dining destinations in Denver, putting the city on the ... Read more
Book a night at one of these stylish, independently owned boutique hotels, located near major airports,... Read more
Avid beer lovers will pour into Denver (get it?) next month to try an enormous collection of America... Read more