Hockey in Denver
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Colorado Avalanche. The Colorado Avalanche of the National Hockey League are wildly popular in Denver; the team won the Stanley Cup in 1996 and beat the New Jersey Devils for an encore in 2001. Although they've been relatively disappointing since, and legendary goalie Patrick Roy retired after the 2003 season, the still-exciting team plays October to April at the 19,000-seat Pepsi Center arena. 1000 Chopper Pl., Auraria, Denver, CO, 80204. 303/405-8555. www.coloradoavalanche.com.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe