- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
CU campus Review
The CU campus began in 1875 with the construction of Old Main, which borders the Norlin Quadrangle, now on the National Register of Historic Places, a broad lawn where students sun themselves or play a quick round of Frisbee between classes. You can take a walking tour of the campus year-round.
CU Heritage Center. The CU Heritage Center preserves the history of the university—including notable alumni accomplishments and a lunar sample on long-term loan from NASA. Also displayed are the personal memorabilia of alumni such as Robert Redford and Glenn Miller. One room is devoted to CU's 20 astronauts, including Ellison Onizuka, who was killed aboard the Challenger space shuttle in 1986, and Kalpana Chawla, who died on the Columbia in 2003. Old Main Bldg. on Norlin Quadrangle, 80309. 303/492-6329. cuheritage.org. Free. Weekdays 10-6.
University of Colorado Museum. The natural history collection at the University of Colorado Museum includes dinosaur relics and has permanent and changing exhibits. Henderson Bldg., 15th and Broadway, 80309. 303/492-6892. cumuseum.colorado.edu. $3 (suggested donation). Weekdays 9-5, Sat. 9-4, Sun. 10-4.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $96.00 & up : 3-star hotels in Boulder Hotwire
- May deal: Courtyard by Marriott Boulder Fr $190+/Nt Expedia
- Book the Holiday Inn Express Boulder 3 Nts in May Fr $185+/Nt — $185 Expedia
- Book 3-Star Homewood Suites by Hilton Boulder Fr $202+/Nt — $202 Expedia
- Small budget: Stay in Boulder this May Fr $112+/Nt — $112 Expedia
We took a trip West. Read more
Haven't posted here in awhile, but felt the need to repay the research I found on Fodor's for this trip!
I was searching for a spring break skiing destination for me & my 11 y.o. - needed sufficie Read more
I am planning a road trip from Sacramento to Denver end of June. Read more
· News & Features
Earlier this week, Consumer Reports released their annual study of the best and worst domestic airlines.... Read more
From the steamed cider aromas that hit you in the lobby to the local ingredients served in the restaurant,... Read more
You might not expect to find yourself amongst wine grapes a mere 75 miles outside of New York City.... Read more