- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Silver Grill Cafe
Silver Grill Cafe Review
This cool spot, sleek with hardwood floors, red soda-fountain stools, and boxy booths, is the oldest café in northern Colorado, operating since 1933. The cinnamon rolls are legendary, and the cinnamon-roll French toast is also popular. The café's coffee is custom roasted, and the Café Royal, a house special that mixes cappuccino with brown sugar, vanilla, and a twist of lemon, is particularly tasty. The breakfast menu includes omelets, biscuits and gravy, hotcakes, breakfast burritos, and grilled trout with eggs, plus a few vegetarian options. Lunch is sandwiches or salads, burgers, or platters of chicken-fried steak and a few other traditional, homey comfort foods. Doors open at 6:30 for breakfast, and lunch is served until 2 pm.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $96.00 & up : 3-star hotels in Boulder Hotwire
- May deal: BEST WESTERN PLUS Boulder Inn Fr $196+/Nt Expedia
- May deal: Courtyard by Marriott Boulder Fr $190+/Nt — $190 Expedia
- Book 3 Nts in Boulder this May Fr $81+/Nt — $81 Save with Expedia, $12/night less
- Book the Holiday Inn Express Boulder 3 Nts in May Fr $185+/Nt — $185 Expedia
We took a trip West. Read more
Haven't posted here in awhile, but felt the need to repay the research I found on Fodor's for this trip!
I was searching for a spring break skiing destination for me & my 11 y.o. - needed sufficie Read more
I am planning a road trip from Sacramento to Denver end of June. Read more