- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
The tiny town of Grand Lake, known to locals as Grand Lake Village, is doubly blessed by its surroundings. It's the western gateway to Rocky Mountain National Park and also sits on the shores of its namesake, the state's largest natural lake and the highest-altitude yacht anchorage in America. With views of snowy peaks and verdant mountains from any vantage point, Grand Lake Village is favored by Coloradans for sailing, canoeing, waterskiing, and fishing. In winter it's the snowmobiling and ice-fishing destination. Even with its wooden boardwalks, Old West-style storefronts, and usual assortment of souvenir shops and motels, the town seems less spoiled than many other resort communities.
Grand Lake at a Glance
Sports and Outdoors
Elsewhere in Boulder and North Central Colorado
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe