- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Indian Peaks Wilderness Area is not open to mountain biking, but there are moderate and difficult trails in the Arapaho National Forest (970/887-4100 www.fs.fed.us/r2/arnf). In addition, Grand County has several hundred miles of easy to expert-level bike trails, many of which are former railroad rights-of-way and logging roads.
Doe Creek Trail. This 3.2-mile one-way trail is a good workout of uphill climbs (and descents) with plenty of forest scenery. From Granby, take U.S. 34 to County Rd. 6 (Arapaho Bay Rd.) and follow it for about 3 miles. The trailhead is on your right., Granby, CO. www.fs.usda.gov/recarea/arp/recreation/hiking/recarea/?recid=28534&actid=50.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe