- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Getting Here and Around
From Boulder, take U.S. 36 east to Interloken Loop/Storage Tek Drive, follow for about 0.3 mi, then get onto Northwest Highway for about 8.5 mi. Take Interstate 25 North for about 41 mi, get off at the Prospect Road exit. Head west on East Prospect Road for about 4 mi.
You can also get to Ft. Collins via Allegiant Air, which flies into Ft. Collins/Loveland Airport (FNL), about 15 mi south of town. They offer a direct flight to and from Las Vegas. There is a local taxi service, and the city's bus system, Transfort, operates more than a dozen routes throughout the city, which run primarily Monday to Saturday.
Downtown is very walkable, but you can also borrow wheels—for free—from the city's unique Bike Library for as little as an hour or as long as a week. There are two locations: the Café Bicyclette, at the corner of Walnut and Linden streets in Old Town Square, and at the Lory Student Center on the CSU campus.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe