- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
The North Platte, Laramie, and Cache la Poudre rivers are renowned for excellent fishing. See www.wildlife.state.co.us/fishing for more information on fishing licenses.
Boyd Lake State Park. About 15 mi southeast of downtown Ft. Collins there's great fishing plus waterskiing and sailing at Boyd Lake State Park. The park is also known for summer concerts, free with park admission, featuring local bands. 3720 N County Rd 11-C, Loveland, CO, 80538. 970/669-1739. parks.state.co.us/Parks/BoydLake.
St. Peter's Fly Shop. The knowledgeable chaps at St. Peter's Fly Shop arrange half-day to full-day guided or instructional wade and float trips in northern Colorado and southern Wyoming that can include permits for waters not open to the public. The store also sells gear, and the staff gladly provides information on conditions to independent fishermen. 202 Remington St., Fort Collins, CO, 80524. 970/498-8968. www.stpetes.com.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $104.00 & up : 3-star hotels in Boulder Hotwire
- May deal: Boulder Mountain Lodge Fr $104+/Nt Expedia
- Boulder Savings! Book 3 Nts in May at Days Inn Boulder Fr $94+/Nt — $94 Expedia
- Book 3-Star Residence Inn Boulder Fr $235+/Nt — $235 Expedia
- Small budget: Stay in Boulder this May Fr $222+/Nt — $222 Expedia