- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
The North Platte, Laramie, and Cache la Poudre rivers are renowned for excellent fishing. See www.wildlife.state.co.us/fishing for more information on fishing licenses.
Boyd Lake State Park. About 15 miles southeast of downtown Ft. Collins there's great fishing plus waterskiing and sailing at Boyd Lake State Park. This greenspace is also known for summer concerts, free with park admission, featuring local bands. 3720 N County Rd 11-C, Loveland, CO, 80538. 970/669–1739. parks.state.co.us/Parks/BoydLake.
St. Peter's Fly Shop. The knowledgeable chaps at St. Peter's Fly Shop arrange half-day to full-day guided or instructional wade and float trips in northern Colorado and southern Wyoming that can include permits for waters not open to the public. The store, which has multiple locations, also sells gear, and staff members gladly provide information on conditions to independent fishermen. 202 Remington St., Fort Collins, CO, 80524. 970/498–8968. www.stpetes.com.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe