- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Both paved-trail cycling and single-track mountain biking are within easy access of town.
Poudre River Trail. This 20-mile round-trip trail is an easy jaunt within Fort Collins. Trailheads: Lions Park on North Overland Trail or Environmental Learning Center on East Drake Rd., Fort Collins, CO.
For short, single-track rides, Pineridge and Maxwell trails do not disappoint, and connect to other trails for longer adventures. Head west on Drake Road to where it bends right and becomes South Overland Trail; turn left on County Road 42C and drive almost 1 mi to the posted fence opening.
Horsetooth Mountain Park. Serious gearheads crank at Horsetooth Mountain Park on the southwest side of Horsetooth Reservoir. Several single-tracks and jeep trails provide any level of challenge. Fort Collins, CO. www.co.larimer.co.us/parks/htmp.htm.
Recycled Cycles. Rent city bikes, mountain bikes, road bikes, kid trailers, and tandems here for $25–$40 per day. The company has multiple locations. 4031-A S. Mason St., Fort Collins, CO, 80525. 970/223–1969 or 877/214–1811. www.recycled-cycles.com.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe