- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Both paved-trail cycling and single-track mountain biking are within easy access of town.
Poudre River Trail. The Poudre River Trail (about 20 mi round-trip) is an easy jaunt within Fort Collins. Trailheads: Lions Park on North Overland Trail or Environmental Learning Center on East Drake Rd., Fort Collins, CO.
For short, single-track rides, Pineridge and Maxwell trails do not disappoint, and connect to other trails for longer adventures. Head west on Drake Road to where it bends right and becomes South Overland Trail; turn left on County Road 42C and drive almost 1 mi to the posted fence opening.
Horsetooth Mountain Park. Serious gearheads crank at Horsetooth Mountain Park on the southwest side of Horsetooth Reservoir. Several single-tracks and jeep trails provide any level of challenge. Fort Collins, CO. www.co.larimer.co.us/parks/htmp.htm.
Recycled Cycles. Recycled Cycles rents city bikes, mountain bikes, road bikes, kid trailers, and tandems for $25-$40 per day. 4031-A S. Mason St., Fort Collins, CO, 80525. 970/223-1969 or 877/214-1811. www.recycled-cycles.com.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $104.00 & up : 3-star hotels in Boulder Hotwire
- May deal: Residence Inn Boulder Fr $235+/Nt Expedia
- Save Big This May! Book 3 Nts in Boulder Fr $104+/Nt — $104 Expedia
- Book in Boulder: Save this May Fr $216+/Nt — $216 Expedia
- Small budget: Stay in Boulder this May Fr $196+/Nt — $196 Expedia