Boulder and North Central Colorado Feature
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Quick Bites in Boulder
Not every meal requires a lengthy restaurant visit. Boulder has plenty of healthy, inexpensive, and prepared-to-order food, as well.
Breadworks Cafe. For breakfast, try a crisp, light brioche or buttery croissant at Breadworks Cafe. Lunch is casseroles or mac and cheese, meat or vegetarian panini—made with one of their artisan breads—or pizza, a savory soup, and a saucer-size cookie. 2644 Broadway, Boulder, CO, 80304. 303/444–5667. www.breadworks.net. Closes by 6 or 7 pm.
Illegal Pete's. Feast on hefty burritos made to order with fresh ingredients and a choice of three salsas. There's also a location at 1320 College Avenue. 1447 Pearl St., Boulder, CO, 80302. 303/440–3955. www.illegalpetes.com.
Salvaggio's Italian Delicatessen. If you're hankering for a delicious Philly cheese steak, a sub, or another classic sandwich, Salvaggio's Italian Delicatessen makes them to order. Hours vary by location. The 13th Street/The Hill location and other Pearl Street location are open on weekends year-round. Pearl Street Mall, 2609 Pearl St., Boulder, CO, 80302. 303/938–1981. www.salvaggiosdeli.net. Closed Sat.–Sun. Nov.–Mar.
Falafel King. Bite into excellent pita pockets of hot and crispy falafel, spicy gyros, and marinated grilled chicken breast. Get an order of tabouli, hummus, or dolmas (stuffed grape leaves) to round out lunch. 1314 Pearl St., Boulder, CO, 80302. 303/449-9321. www.falafelkingboulder.com.
Abo's. The thin and crispy pizzas at Abo's will not disappoint. 1124 13th St., Boulder, CO, 80302. 303/443-3199. www.abospizza.com.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe