- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
The Big Thompson River, which runs east of Estes Park along U.S. 34, is popular for its good stock of rainbow and brown trout. See www.wildlife.state.co.us/fishing for more information on fishing licenses.
Rocky Mountain Adventures. From its Fort Collins office, guides from this company can take you fly-fishing on the Big Thompson and other rivers, including those in Rocky Mountain National Park. Call ahead. 1117 N. U.S. Hwy 287, Fort Collins, CO, 80522. 970/586–6191 or 800/858–6808. www.shoprma.com.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe