Inner-Tubing in Boulder
In July and August, when daytime temperatures can reach the 90s, Boulderites take to tubing in Boulder Creek —especially near Eben G. Fine Park, at the mouth of Boulder Canyon near the junction of Arapahoe Avenue and Canyon Boulevard on the western end of town.
Conoco. Need a tube? The Conoco gas station, which is about a block away from the creek, sells inner tubes ($15 plus tax). The station is open from 7 am until 9 pm Monday through Saturday, and 8 am to 8 pm Sunday. 1201 Arapahoe Ave., at Broadway, Boulder, CO, 80302. 303/442–6293.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's