- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
In July and August, when the daytime temperatures can reach the 90s, Boulderites take to tubing in Boulder Creek —especially near Eben G. Fine Park, at the mouth of Boulder Canyon near the junction of Arapahoe Avenue and Canyon Boulevard on the western end of town.
Conoco. Need a tube? The Conoco gas station, which is about a block away from the creek, sells inner tubes (about $15, tax included). The station is open from 7 am until 9 pm weekdays and Saturday, and 8 am-8 pm Sunday. 1201 Arapahoe Ave., at Broadway, Boulder, CO, 80302. 303/442-6293.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $104.00 & up : 3-star hotels in Boulder Hotwire
- May deal: Boulder Mountain Lodge Fr $104+/Nt Expedia
- Book 3 Nts in Boulder this May Fr $196+/Nt — $196 Expedia
- Boulder Savings! Book 3 Nts in May at Days Inn Boulder Fr $94+/Nt — $94 Expedia
- Boulder Savings! Book at Holiday Inn Express Boulder Fr $161+/Nt — $161 Expedia