- The arts Theater buffs have enjoyed the Colorado Shakespeare Festival every summer since 1958, and the Grammy Award–winning Takács Quartet is beloved for its stunning performances.
- Boulder Dushanbe Teahouse This traditional Central Asian teahouse was carved and painted by master artisans and given to Boulder by the city of Dushanbe, Tajikistan.
- Chautauqua Park You can still attend a lecture, a silent film, or a classical concert here much like visitors did 100 years ago. Enjoy a picnic on the green or eat in the hall before the event.
- Hiking near Boulder and in the Indian Peaks Wilderness On weekends year-round you’ll find the trails packed. The views are spectacular, especially when the wildflowers bloom in midsummer.
- The local breweries It’s basically the Napa Valley of beer here, and you could fill a whole vacation with the myriad ales, stouts, and lagers on offer. In late June the state’s small brewers congregate in Fort Collins for the Colorado Brewers’ Festival.
THE GREAT AMERICAN VACATION
Eager to explore the U.S.? Our trip finder will help you find the perfect destination.More