Black Canyon of the Gunnison is a park of extremes—great depths, narrow widths, tall cliffs, and steep descents. It is not a large park, but it offers incredible scenery and unforgettable experiences, whether you're hiking, fishing, or just taking it all in from the car. The adjacent parks and other open spaces offer even more opportunity for adventure.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $107.00 & up : 3-star hotels in Gunnison Hotwire
- $116 & Up: Cheap Gunnison Stay Hotels.com
- $39.95 & up : Full Size rentals in Gunnison Hotwire
- Days Inn & Suites Gunnison in May: $81 & Up — $81 Expedia
- $31.95 & up : Economy rentals in Gunnison — $32 Hotwire