- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Aspen-Pitkin County Airport (ASE) is 3 mi from Aspen and 7 mi from Snowmass. It is served daily by United Express, Delta (from Salt Lake City and Atlanta), Frontier Airlines (from Denver), and has nonstop United service to Los Angeles. During ski season United also offers nonstop service from Chicago and San Francisco.
Your best bet for traveling to and from Aspen and Snowmass Village is Roaring Fork Transit Agency, which provides bus service from Aspen-Pitkin County Airport to the Rubey Park bus station right at the base of the ski mountain. Colorado Mountain Express and Colorado Grayline connect Aspen with Denver, Grand Junction, and the Eagle County/Vail airport. High Mountain Taxi will also provide charter service outside the Roaring Fork Valley.
Aspen/Pitkin County Airport (ASE) (233 E. Airport Rd., Aspen, CO, 81611. 970/920-5384. www.aspenairport.com.)
Denver International Airport (DEN) (800 Peña Blvd., Denver, CO, 80249. 800/247–2336. www.flydenver.com.)
Eagle County Airport (EGE) (219 Eldon Wilson Rd., Gypsum, CO, 81637. 970/328-2680. www.eaglecounty.us/airport.)
Colorado Mountain Express (970/926–9800 or 800/525–6363. www.ridecme.com.)
High Mountain Taxi (970/925–8294. www.hmtaxi.com.)
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe