- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Ajax Tavern Review
So close to the gondola you can keep your boots on, this pub-style restaurant is mountainside in the Little Nell. Most of the tavern has big glass windows, and there's also a nice patio with slopeside views. Wide plank floors and brick walls with dark wood paneling define this spot popular both for its location and hearty surf-n-turf dishes (they also have a raw bar). A popular dish to kick off with some brews is the Grand Plate: 18 oysters, 9 clams, 9 shrimp, and half a crab. Filling entrées include grilled lamb T-bones and pan-roasted arctic char.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $8.70 & up -- Car Rentals across Colorado CarRentals.com
We took a trip West. Read more
Haven't posted here in awhile, but felt the need to repay the research I found on Fodor's for this trip!
I was searching for a spring break skiing destination for me & my 11 y.o. - needed sufficie Read more
Just in time for the holiday weekend, Trail Ridge Road opens up today!
http://rockymountainhikingtrails.blogspot.com/2013/05/trail-ridge-road-will-open-today-for.html Read more
· News & Features
Whether you're a cocktail aficionado or a mixology amateur, you'll learn a ton about your favorite drinks... Read more
Fodor's met up with Antonio Banderas to talk about being the face of Iberostar Resorts worldwide.... Read more