- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Locals might argue that the best food in the valley is not served in the posh eateries of Aspen but in this Carbondale favorite. The irreverent menu and whimsical lexicon (a glossary is provided for your reference), superb service, and inventive preparations of excellent local produce, game, and fish create a downright delightful dining experience. Try the Palisade peach slow-roasted Berkshire pork shoulder or the seared striped bass with mustard pan sauce. There's an extensive wine list (and a knowledgeable sommelier) as well. If you're feeling adventurous, put yourself in chef Mark Fischer's capable hands with "Random Acts of Cooking," a family-style tasting menu.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $6.19 & up -- Car Rentals across Colorado CarRentals.com
We took a trip West. Read more
Haven't posted here in awhile, but felt the need to repay the research I found on Fodor's for this trip!
I was searching for a spring break skiing destination for me & my 11 y.o. - needed sufficie Read more
My husband and I are planning a cross country trip (starting @Pennsylvania) to see Major League and Minor League baseball games and also site seeing. Read more
· News & Features
Whether you're a cocktail aficionado or a mixology amateur, you'll learn a ton about your favorite drinks... Read more
Fodor's met up with Antonio Banderas to talk about being the face of Iberostar Resorts worldwide.... Read more