Aspen and the Roaring Fork Valley Feature
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Top Reasons to Go to Aspen and the Roaring Fork Valley
The Scene: You'll see it all in Aspen—Hollywood celebs in cowboy boots, glamorous wives of Saudi royalty shopping, tanned European ski instructors, and fascinating and friendly locals.
Historic Hotels: Thanks to moneyed preservationists, the Victorian Hotel Jerome in Aspen and the Medici-inspired Hotel Colorado in Glenwood Springs still stand.
The Mountains: You'll find postcard Colorado in the 14,000-foot Maroon Bell peaks, especially when the the steep-faced pyramid peaks reflect a dusting of snow in Maroon Lake.
Fine Fare: From Matsuhisa sushi to lobster strudel, Aspen, Carbondale, and Glenwood Springs have just about any dish you can imagine.
Hot Springs: At Glenwood Springs the 90°F mineral-water pool has been a therapeutic retreat since the Ute Indians knew it as Yampah or "healing waters."
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe