- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Getting Here and Around
The rich arrive by private planes, but almost everyone else arrives in Aspen by car or shuttle bus. Parking is a pricey pain, and traffic, especially on weekends, slows the streets. The Roaring Fork Transit Agency has bus service connecting the resort with the rest of the valley. The easiest way to get around Aspen is on foot or by bike. For longer trips hop aboard the free Aspen Skiing Company Shuttle which connects Aspen, Aspen Highlands, Buttermilk, and Snowmass base areas.
A romantic way to orient yourself to the backcountry is by taking a private sleigh ride with Aspen Carriage Company. They also have carriage tours around downtown and the historic West End.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe