- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Aspen Center for Environmental Studies. This nonprofit environmental science education center runs workshops ranging from what animals you might find on local trails to how to survive in the wilderness. ACES naturalist guides offer free snowshoe walks in winter on Aspen Mountain, at Snowmass, and in the historic ghost town of Ashcroft. Summer brings guided hikes in Aspen, Snowmass, and the Maroon Bells, as well as oodles of educational classes for kids, teens, and adults. Its Aspen location is a 25-acre nature preserve on Hallam Lake, but ACES also operates a working farm at Rock Bottom Ranch down-valley between Basalt and Carbondale. 100 Puppy Smith St., Aspen, CO, 81611. 970/925–5756. www.aspennature.org.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe