- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's Southern California 2014
At a Glance
- best lodge in Yosemite
- helpful concierge
- expensive rates
- some reports that service has slipped in recent years
Check Rates from our Partners
Ahwahnee Hotel Review
A National Historic Landmark, the hotel is constructed of sugar-pine logs and features Native American design motifs; public spaces are enlivened with art deco flourishes, oriental rugs, and elaborate iron- and woodwork. Luxury hotel amenities, including turndown service and guest bathrobes, are standard here. The impressive dining room is one of the most beautiful rooms in California. The lounge, with its tiered ceiling, has big, comfortable chairs and a quiet, contemplative air. Even if you cannot afford to stay here, take the time to stroll about the public spaces and have a drink on the patio shortly before sunset, when the view of Half Dome is spectacular. Reservations are made through Delaware North Companies Parks and Resorts.
- Address: Ahwahnee Rd., about ¾ miles east of Yosemite Valley Visitor Center, Yosemite Village, CA 95389 | Map It
- Phone: 801/559–4884
- Website: www.yosemitepark.com
- Location: Yosemite National Park
- 99 lodge rooms, 4 suites, 24 cottage rooms.
- Rate includes no meals.
- Credit cards accepted.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Hello all! Read more
Long time lurker but only recently joined to get some advice about my up coming Canada trip so thought id share my USA experiance.
4 of us (21-25years old) flew in to LAX mid to late August, picked up Read more
Since the "Eating Like A Local In L.A." thread has grown quite cumbersome (and a little dated), I thought we might try compiling a guide for those visiting So. Cal (and those of us living here) featuring Read more
· News & Features
The promise of chilly temps tends to send us all indoors. ... Read more
Hiking the stunning, scenic trails of Wyoming backcountry (Jackson Hole, Yellowstone) would be much more... Read more
We're checking in on Yosemite Falls, keeping an eye out for Kayak's hot new IPO, and looking toward the... Read more