- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's Southern California 2014
Ahwahnee Hotel Dining Room
Ahwahnee Hotel Dining Room Review
Rave reviews about the dining room's appearance are fully justified—it features towering windows, a 34-foot-high ceiling with interlaced sugar-pine beams, and massive chandeliers. Although many continue to applaud the food, others have reported that they sense a dip in the quality both in the service and what is being served. Diners must spend a lot of money here, so perhaps that inflates the expectations and amplifies the disappointments. In any event, the lavish $43 Sunday brunch is a popular way to experience the grand room. Reservations are always advised, and the attire is "resort casual."
- Address: Ahwahnee Hotel, Ahwahnee Rd., about ¾ mile east of Yosemite Valley Visitor Center, about ¾ mile east of Yosemite Valley Visitor Center Yosemite Village, CA 95389 | Map It
- Phone: 209/372–1489
- Website: www.yosemitepark.com
- Location: Yosemite National Park
- Reservations essential.
- Credit cards accepted.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Hello all! Read more
Long time lurker but only recently joined to get some advice about my up coming Canada trip so thought id share my USA experiance.
4 of us (21-25years old) flew in to LAX mid to late August, picked up Read more
Since the "Eating Like A Local In L.A." thread has grown quite cumbersome (and a little dated), I thought we might try compiling a guide for those visiting So. Cal (and those of us living here) featuring Read more
· News & Features
The promise of chilly temps tends to send us all indoors. ... Read more
Hiking the stunning, scenic trails of Wyoming backcountry (Jackson Hole, Yellowstone) would be much more... Read more
We're checking in on Yosemite Falls, keeping an eye out for Kayak's hot new IPO, and looking toward the... Read more