Yosemite National Park Feature
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Top Reasons to Go to Yosemite National Park
Feel the earth move: An easy stroll brings you to the base of Yosemite Falls, America's highest, where thundering springtime waters shake the ground.
Tunnel to heaven: Winding down into Yosemite Valley, Wawona Road passes through a mountainside and emerges before one of the park's most heart-stopping vistas.
Touch the sky: Watch clouds scudding across the bright blue dome that arches above the High Sierra's Tuolumne Meadows, a wide-open alpine valley ringed by 10,000-foot granite peaks.
Walk away from it all: Early or late in the day, leave the crowds behind and take a forest hike on a few of Yosemite's 800 mi of trails.
Powder your nose: Winter's hush floats into Yosemite on snowflakes. Wade into a fluffy drift, lift your face to the sky, and listen to the trees.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe