Fishing in Yosemite National Park
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
The waters in Yosemite are not stocked; trout, mostly brown and rainbow, live here but are not plentiful. Yosemite's fishing season begins on the last Saturday in April and ends on November 15. Some waterways are off-limits at certain times; be sure to inquire at the visitor center about regulations.
A California fishing license is required; licenses run $12.60 for one day, $19.45 for two days, and $38.85 for 10 days. Full season licenses cost $38.85 for state residents, and a whopping $104.20 for nonresidents. Buy your license in season at Yosemite Village Sport Shop (209/372-1286) or at the Wawona Store (209/375-6574).
Outfitters and Expeditions
Southern Yosemite Mountain Guides. Southern Yosemite Mountain Guides offers fly-fishing lessons, day-trips, and weekend excursions deep in Yosemite's backcountry. CA. 800/231–4575. www.symg.com.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's