Fishing in Yosemite National Park
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
The waters in Yosemite are not stocked; trout, mostly brown and rainbow, live here but are not plentiful. Yosemite's fishing season begins on the last Saturday in April and ends on November 15. Some waterways are off-limits at certain times; be sure to inquire at the visitor center about regulations.
A California fishing license is required; licenses run $12.60 for one day, $19.45 for two days, and $38.85 for 10 days. Full season licenses cost $38.85 for state residents, and a whopping $104.20 for nonresidents. Buy your license in season at Yosemite Village Sport Shop (209/372-1286) or at the Wawona Store (209/375-6574). California Department of Fish and Game. Get a license before your trip by contacting the California Department of Fish and Game. 3211 S St., Sacramento, CA, 95814. 916/227-2245. www.dfg.ca.gov.
Outfitters and Expeditions
Southern Yosemite Mountain Guides. Southern Yosemite Mountain Guides offers fly-fishing lessons, day-trips, and weekend excursions deep in Yosemite's backcountry. 800/231-4575. www.symg.com.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- Save in Fresno: Book 3 Nts in May Fr $80+/Nt Expedia
- Small budget: Book University Inn 3 Nts in May Fr $66+/Nt Expedia
- Unbelievable Price! 5 Nts Piccadilly Inn Express + Air Fr $886 Travelocity
- $17.95 & up : Full Size rentals in Fresno Hotwire
- Fresno Savings! Book at Piccadilly Inn Express Fr $92+/Nt — $92 Expedia