The California Travel and Tourism Commission's website takes you to each region of California, with digital visitor guides in multiple languages, driving tours, maps, welcome center locations, information on local tours, links to bed-and-breakfasts, and a complete booking center. It also links you—via the Explore California menu—to the websites of city and regional tourism offices and attractions.
California Travel and Tourism Commission (Sacramento, CA, 95814. 916/444–4429 information; 800/862–2543 brochures. www.visitcalifornia.com.)
Suggest three or four books and two or three movies about the destination. Include very brief blurbs about each. If the book has a full-blown Books and Videos section, add a x-ref to it here. This section does not replace Books and Videos.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's