In the foothills of the Sierra along the Kaweah River, the serpentine hamlet of Three Rivers serves as the main gateway town to Sequoia and Kings Canyon national parks. Its livelihood depends largely on tourism from the parks, courtesy of two markets, a few service stations, banks, a post office, and several lodgings, which are good spots to find a room when park accommodations are full (or if you dislike camping and would like to save money).
Three Rivers at a Glance
Elsewhere in The Southern Sierra
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's