Fodor's Southern California 2014
At a Glance
- rustic setting with modern comforts
- good off-season deals
- very close to Yosemite National Park
- so big it can seem impersonal
- pricey during summer
Check Rates from our Partners
Tenaya Lodge Review
One of the region's largest hotels, Tenaya Lodge is ideal for people who enjoy wilderness treks by day but prefer creature comforts at night. The buildings and giant parking lot blend in somewhat with their woodsy surroundings. The lounge is striking, with high windows and lovely beams. The ample rooms are decorated in pleasant earth tones; deluxe rooms have minibars and other extras, while suites have balconies. The Sierra Restaurant, with its high ceilings and giant fireplace, serves Continental cuisine; the more casual Jackalopes Bar & Grill has burgers, salads, and sandwiches.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Hello all! Read more
Long time lurker but only recently joined to get some advice about my up coming Canada trip so thought id share my USA experiance.
4 of us (21-25years old) flew in to LAX mid to late August, picked up Read more
I'm going alone to LA in just under two weeks and I'm going to spend half my time in Santa Monica then I've been recommended the other half in Huntington Beach. Read more
· News & Features
This week, we covered top destinations for great family getaways—from Disney World to dinosaur spotting. ... Read more
Go on location in Görlitz, Germany, to the transporting set of director Wes Anderson's film... Read more
Kick off spring with some of this year's best events and hotel packages in Washington, D.C.... Read more