Fodor's Southern California 2014
At a Glance
- convenient for skiers
- good price
- could use an update
- rooms above the pub can be noisy
Check Rates from our Partners
Alpenhof Lodge Review
The owners of Alpenhof Lodge lucked out when developers built the fancy-schmancy Village at Mammoth across the street from their mom-and-pop motel, which remains a simple lodging offering basic comforts and a few niceties like attractive pine furniture. Rooms are dark and the foam pillows thin, but the damask bedspreads are pretty and the low-pile carpeting clean. Best of all, you can walk to restaurants and shops. Downstairs there's a lively, fun pub; if you want quiet, request a room that's not above it. Some rooms have fireplaces and kitchens. In winter the Village Gondola is across the street, a major plus for skiers.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Hello all! Read more
Long time lurker but only recently joined to get some advice about my up coming Canada trip so thought id share my USA experiance.
4 of us (21-25years old) flew in to LAX mid to late August, picked up Read more
I will be heading to Laguna Beach next week for a last minute girls trip. Read more
· News & Features
Techie travelers have embraced the fun, tech-driven, on-the-road adventure that is geocaching. ... Read more
This week, we covered top destinations for great family getaways—from Disney World to dinosaur spotting.... Read more
Go on location in Görlitz, Germany, to the transporting set of director Wes Anderson's film... Read more