Getting Here and Around
At the junction of Highways 41 and 49, Oakhurst is a solid hour's drive north of Fresno. It's the southern gateway to Yosemite, so many people fly to Fresno and rent a car to get here and beyond. In town, there's no public transportation system of any consequence.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $56.00 & up : 3-star hotels in Fresno Hotwire
- Fresno Savings! Book at La Quinta Inn Fresno Yosemite Fr $76+/Nt Expedia
- Days Inn Fresno Central Biggest Sale! 1 Nts + Air Fr $358 Travelocity
- $16.95 & up : Full Size rentals in Fresno Hotwire
- Visit Fresno for Less: Hotels Fr $89+/Nt — $89 Travelocity