Getting Here and Around
The best way to get to Mammoth Lakes is by car. The town is a couple of miles west of U.S. 395. The Yosemite Area Regional Transportation System (YARTS; www.yarts.com) provides once-a-day service between here and Yosemite Valley. The shuttle buses of Eastern Sierra Transit Authority (800/922-1930 www.estransit.com) serve Mammoth Lakes, Bishop, and nearby tourist sites.
Highway 203 heads west from U.S. 395, becoming Main Street as it passes through the town of Mammoth Lakes, and later Minaret Road (which makes a right turn) as it continues west to the Mammoth Mountain ski area and Devils Postpile National Monument.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's