Bluesapalooza and Festival of Beers. For one long weekend in early August, Mammoth Lakes holds Bluesapalooza and Festival of Beers, a blues-and-beer festival—with emphasis on the beer. Mammoth Lakes, CA, 93546. 888/992–7397. www.mammothbluesbrewsfest.com.
Mammoth Lakes Jazz Jubilee. The mid-July Mammoth Lakes Jazz Jubilee takes place in 10 venues, most with dance floors. Mammoth Lakes, CA, 93546. 760/934–2478 or 877/686–5299. www.mammothjazz.org.
Mammoth Mountain Music. Concerts occur throughout the year on the mountain; contact Mammoth Mountain Music for listings. Mammoth Lakes, CA, 93546. 760/934–0606. www.mammothevents.com.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's