- Strap 'em on Whether you walk the paved loops in the national parks or head off the beaten path into the backcountry, a hike through groves and meadows or alongside streams and waterfalls will allow you to see, smell, and feel nature up close.
- Down you go Famous for its incredible snowpack—some of the deepest in the North American continent—the Sierra Nevada has something for every winter-sports fan.
- Live it up Mammoth Lakes is eastern California's most exciting resort area.
- Pamper yourself Tucked in the hills south of Oakhurst, the elegant Château du Sureau will make you feel as if you've stepped into a fairy tale.
- Go with the flow Three Rivers, the gateway to Sequoia National Park, is the launching pad for white-water trips down the Kaweah River.
FODOR'S GO LIST 2015
The top 25 places we think should be on every traveler's radar this year.More