When to Go
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
When to Go
Like in the rest of Southern California, the sun shines year-round in Orange County.
However, in early summer there are the "June gloom" days that can easily extend from May to July, when skies are overcast, particularly before noon. Clear, warm, sunny days are the rule in fall and winter.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $220-$229 -- Santa Monica Hotel near Beach w/Breakfast Bookit.com
- $189-$209 -- Weekends & Holidays at Beverly Hills Hotel Residence Inn Beverly Hills
- $124 -- Los Angeles: 4-Star Hollywood Hotel — $124 Hotwire.com
- $103 -- 4-Star Los Angeles Downtown Hotel — $103 Hotwire.com