Like Los Angeles, Orange County stretches over a large area, lacks a singular focal point, and has limited public transportation. Every community in the region has a distinct personality, from Vietnamese-influenced Westminster to Huntington Beach, where blond surfer dudes and babes still rule.
You'll need a car and a sensible game plan to make the most of your visit. There are many options for lodging throughout the county, but if you can afford it, staying at the beach is always recommended.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's