- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Santa Ana and Costa Mesa
Ethnically diverse Santa Ana is the region's largest city and the governmental hub of Orange County (the county's administrative offices and courts are here). It adjoins Costa Mesa, the OC's cultural epicenter and home to one of Southern California's toniest and most expensive shopping centers, South Coast Plaza. This designer-dominated mall is connected by sky bridge to the Orange County Performing Arts Center, which has evolved into one of America's premier cultural entertainment complexes. City lines blur here, making it hard to tell exactly where you are, but the bottom line is, this is where you can catch a glimpse of Orange County's cosmopolitan face.
Santa Ana and Costa Mesa at a Glance
Elsewhere in The South Coast and Catalina Island
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's