The South Coast and Catalina Island Hotels
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
The South Coast and Catalina Island Hotel Reviews
Along the coast there's been a flurry of luxury resort openings in recent years; Laguna's Montage elevated expectations and was followed by the renovation of Dana Point's Ritz-Carlton and the debut of the Resort at Pelican Hill on the Newport Coast, among others.
As a rule, lodging prices tend to rise the closer the hotels are to the beach. If you're looking for value, consider a hotel that is inland along the I-405 freeway corridor.
In most cases, you can take advantage of some of the facilities of the high-end resorts, such as restaurants and spas, even if you aren't an overnight guest
Browse The South Coast and Catalina Island Hotels
- Inn on Mt. Ada
- Montage Laguna Beach
- Laguna Beach
- Ritz-Carlton, Laguna Niguel
- Dana Point
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's