The South Coast and Catalina Island Feature
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Top Reasons to Go to the South Coast and Catalina Island
Catalina Island: Just a short hydrofoil away, Catalina Island feels a thousand miles away from the rest of the state of California. Wander around charming Avalon, or explore the unspoiled beauty of the island's wild interior.
Newport Beach: Water enthusiasts delight in this sophisticated coastal town's endless yachting and boating options.
Huntington Beach: With more than 50 annual surf competitions, there's always lots of sporty oceanfront action.
Laguna Beach: Come here for SoCal's best stretches of beach, posh resorts, and quirky art scene.
Mission San Juan Capistrano: Like many of the missions throughout the state, this one offers a fascinating glimpse into California's rich history.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's