The South Coast and Catalina Island Feature
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Top Reasons to Go to the South Coast and Catalina Island
Catalina Island: Just a short hydrofoil away, Catalina Island feels a thousand miles away from the rest of the state of California. Wander around charming Avalon, or explore the unspoiled beauty of the island's wild interior.
Newport Beach: Water enthusiasts delight in this sophisticated coastal town's endless yachting and boating options.
Huntington Beach: With more than 50 annual surf competitions, there's always lots of sporty oceanfront action.
Laguna Beach: Come here for SoCal's best stretches of beach, posh resorts, and quirky art scene.
Mission San Juan Capistrano: Like many of the missions throughout the state, this one offers a fascinating glimpse into California's rich history.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $124* & up -- Flights for Next Weekend on American, R/T American Airlines
- $61 & up -- Anaheim Resort near Disney, Kids Stay Free BookIt.com
- $53-$76 -- Anaheim Hotel near Disney w/Breakfast, 70% Off BookIt.com
- $59* & up -- Fares from 64 U.S. Cities into September, e/w — $59 Frontier Airlines
- $199 -- Iconic Beverly Hills Hotel incl. Weekends, Reg. $325 — $199 The Beverly Hilton