- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
To bike beyond the paved roads of Avalon, you must buy an annual permit from the Catalina Conservancy. Individual passes start at $35; family passes cost $125. You may not ride on hiking paths.
Bike rentals are widely available in Avalon starting at $5 per hour and $12 per day.
Brown's Bikes. Look for rentals on Crescent Avenue and Pebbly Beach Road, where Brown's Bikes is located. 107 Pebbly Beach Rd., next to Island Rentals, Avalon, CA, 90704. 310/510–0986. www.catalinabiking.com.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe