- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's Southern California 2014
Mar Vista Cottages
At a Glance
- charming, peaceful retreat
- no other businesses in walking distance
Check Rates from our Partners
Mar Vista Cottages Review
The sparkling clean, refurbished 1930s cottages at Mar Vista are intentionally slim on modern gadgetry (no TV, phone, radio, or even a clock) but big on retro charm. All have hardwood floors and fireplaces. Windows are hung with embroidered curtains, a white-enamel stove anchors the full, if diminutive, kitchen, and straw sun hats hang from hooks. Outside, where benches overlook the blustery coastline, you can snip flowers for a bouquet, harvest a bounty of vegetables for dinner from the organic garden and greenhouse, or gather eggs from a fenced area where chickens roam free. For exercise, stroll the beautiful grounds or take a path to Fish Rock Beach. Smoking is not allowed anywhere on the property, and there's a two-night minimum stay.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Hello all! Read more
Long time lurker but only recently joined to get some advice about my up coming Canada trip so thought id share my USA experiance.
4 of us (21-25years old) flew in to LAX mid to late August, picked up Read more
I will be heading to Laguna Beach next week for a last minute girls trip. Read more
· News & Features
Techie travelers have embraced the fun, tech-driven, on-the-road adventure that is geocaching. ... Read more