River's End Review
A magnificent ocean view makes lunch or an evening here memorable. Come for cocktails and oysters on the half shell and hope for a splashy sunset. If you stay for dinner, choose from elaborate entrées such as pan-seared sea bass or applewood-smoked filet mignon with Gorgonzola walnut butter. The execution may not always justify the price and the dining room is strictly plain-Jane, but nothing tops that view. Open hours sometimes vary, so call to confirm; reservations are essential on weekends. River's End also rents out a few ocean-view rooms and cabins ($$–$$$).
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's