- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Sports and the Outdoors
Bodega Bay Sportfishing. This outfitter charters ocean-fishing boats, rents equipment, and conducts whale-watching trips from mid-winter through spring. 1410 B Bay Flat Rd., Bodega Bay, CA, 94923. 707/875–3344. www.bodegabaysportfishing.com.
Horse N Around Trail Rides. Saddle up at this ranch for guided horseback trail rides, some along the beach. Reservations are required. 2660 N. Hwy. 1, Bodega Bay, CA, 94923. 707/875–8849. www.horsenaroundtrailrides.com.
The Links at Bodega Harbour. Robert Trent Jones II designed this Scottish-style, incredibly scenic, and fairly challenging 18-hole oceanfront course. Rates include a golf cart. 21301 Heron Dr., Bodega Bay, CA, 94923. 707/875–3538 or 866/905–4657. www.bodegaharbourgolf.com. 18 holes. 6,290 yds. Par 70. Slope 129. Greens fees: $60/$90. Facilities: Putting green, pitching area, golf carts, pull carts, rental clubs, pro-shop, golf lessons, restaurant, bar.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe