The Mojave Desert Sights

Casa Del Desierto Harvey House

  • 681 N. 1st Ave. Map It
  • Barstow
  • Historic District/Site

Published 07/06/2016

Fodor's Review

This distinctive two-story structure—its Spanish name means "house of the desert"—was one of many hotel and restaurant depots opened in the West by the Fred Harvey Co. in the early 20th century. The famous Harvey Girls, the waitresses who served weary travelers in the dining rooms, are the subject of a 1946 musical starring Judy Garland. The building now houses the Route 66 Mother Road Museum and Western America Railroad Museum.

Sight Information

Address:

681 N. 1st Ave., near Riverside Dr., Barstow, California, 92311, USA

Map It

Phone:

760-255–1890

Sight Details:

  • Free

Published 07/06/2016

Advertisement

Book A Trip
  • HOTELS

  • FLIGHTS

  • PACKAGES

  • CARS

Map View

What's Nearby

  • Restaurants
  • Sights
  • Hotels